Yess, I cannot use yakkety without this feature.  Please urge it's re-
incorporation ASAP.  I'm just trying to paste .thunderbird into my home
directory.  How can I achieve that?

  Unable to show hidden files

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Hello

  I made an upgrade today, and since I've lost the "show hidden files" (Ctrl+h)
  option in nautilus.

  No matter, I can show by going into preferences => show hidden files. But it
  doesn't work. Nothing happens when I choose this option. And I can't access
the
  hidden files, even if I restart nautilus with this option chosen.