This also affects me on Ubuntu 14.04.5 (Xenial HWE stack). Bing Maps
can't get my location either.

** Tags added: trusty xenial

  Geolocation in firefox doesn't work anymore

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Since a couple of days (around beginning of August 2016) the
  geolocation in Firefox doesn't work anymore. I _think_ (but not
  entirely sure) this happened already with Firefox 47.

  That seems to affect all the website using the W3C geolocation, but to test,
go for example to:
  http://benwerd.com/lab/geo.php

  In the popup, accept to share the location, and the text displayed in the
location is:
  "The page could not get your location."

  My computer is running Ubuntu 16.04, with Firefox
  48.0+build2-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 .