** Tags removed: package-from-proposed

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.

  Evolution will not connect to Gmail

Status in evolution package in Ubuntu:

  You're going to say this is not a bug. You may call it a feature
  request or any of many other not-a-bug issues. However, Evolution is
  locked into Gnome and many of the features and abilities of Gnome. I
  can use Thunderbird with no problem, but I can only use Evolution
  calendar in Gnome. (Is Gnome trying to be Microsoft?)

  Anyway, we all know the issue. Evolution is buggy at best. Evolution
  will not connect to Gmail or Google Apps. It won't let me access my
  Google Calendar if I cannot access my email. This could be separated
  as well, but it's not at this time. Google uses OAuth, and you have to
  live under a rock to know it. I have gone through all the steps to
  allow an insecure application to access Gmail, but Evolution
  spontaneously decides I'm offline because it does not receive the
  proper response from Google Mail servers.

  Please fix it, or at least untie Evolution from Gnome.

  By the way, fixing it in a later version is not a fix. If you are
  using an unfixed version and the fixed version is not available for
  the version of Ubuntu one is using, it's not fixed.

  Getting off my soapbox.

  Thanks

  Package: evolution 3.18.5.2-0ubuntu3.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Sat Aug 27 20:40:59 2016
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 16.04.1 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160719)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US
   PATH=(custom, no user)