I have the same problem. Plz fix! Xubuntu 16.04

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk2-engines-murrine in Ubuntu.

  gtk2-engines-murrine desktop text shadow problem

Status in Arc Theme:
  New
Status in Numix GTK theme:
  Fix Released
Status in arc-theme package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in gtk2-engines-murrine package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in shimmer-themes package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in xfdesktop4 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in gtk2-engines-murrine package in Debian:

  Upgraded my xubuntu 16.04 system on 01 Jul 2016.  The apt update
  included an upgrade to gtk2-engines-murrine.  However, after the
  upgrade and boot, the any desktop text, folder, launcher, etc. had a
  problem with the text and shadow being quite far apart.

  This bug affects themes that use the textstyle feature of the murrine
  engine on xfdesktop4. Ubuntu MATE 16.04, which also uses gtk2 but has
  caja draw the desktop icons instead of xfdesktop, is not affected.

  The only known affected theme packaged in Xubuntu 16.04 is numix-gtk-
  theme. Third-party affected themes include Arc and Vertex.