I see that you named the entry "Laptop Lid Indicator", and an entry with
that name is shown in your Startup Applications GUI according to the
screenshot you posted in comment #4. So I'm confused.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.

  Changes to Startup Application Preferences not being remembered in
  Ubuntu Unity 16.04

Status in gnome-session package in Ubuntu:

  Dear all,

  I am using Ubuntu Unity 16.04.

  If I add a new entry to "Startup Application Preferences", this entry
  does no longer exist after reboot.

  The entry:

  /bin/bash -c "sleep 15 && python3 /path/to/show_state.py"

  What could be the reason for the entry not being saved properly?

  Thankfully,

  -Robert