Hello? Anyone? How can I get you to integrate this obvious and simple
fix for a pretty annoying bug? It's nearly 4 months since I opened this
bug report.

This should most probably fix
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bamf/+bug/1326903 , which is
classed as a high importance bug, and still exists in Yakkety (but more
importantly for us in Trusty and Xenial, because we use the LTS
releases).

And this fixes a usability problem in Unity. From the bug description:
"... The application icon in Unity then does not do anything (cannot
raise the application window, activate a minimized window or Alt-Tab to
the window)."

Packages, which is subscribed to bamf in Ubuntu.

  libbamf: BamfView child cache not reloading

Status in bamf package in Ubuntu:

  When applications close and re-open their window and BamfView changed
  its path, the child cache of BamfView does not reload its children and
  continues to work with the old cache, which does not contain any
  children. The application icon in Unity then does not do anything
  (cannot raise the application window, activate a minimized window or
  Alt-Tab to the window).

  This problem shows up for us mainly when using the Citrix Receiver,
  but other applications can trigger this too.

  This problem exists in Trusty and Yaketty (maybe older versions too, I
  haven't checked those), and the attached patch fixes the problem
  (fixes the handling of the reload_children boolean).

  I think the following bug report might be the same problem:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bamf/+bug/1326903