I have a phone I've only owned for a couple of weeks. First off had
15.04 OTA-12, then upgraded to OTA-13 which solved a Wifi issue I had.

Sometime in the meantime audio disappeared all of a sudden without me
giving it much attention first off.

Can not get external sounds currently. Tried checking volume controls on
YouTube but no sound. Answering phone works well when going by vibrator.
Sent an email to BQ support but haven't received an answer.

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu phone / Aquaris E5: no ringtones when receiving calls, no sound
  when receiving messages; no sound on speakers

Status in indicator-sound package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  Aquaris E5 HD, Ubuntu Edition; Ubuntu 15.04, OTA-8.5

  My phone does not ring / play sound on speakers. No problems to answer
  calls, when having notice by vibrating / display notification; Have
  phone for some weeks now - at very beginning it worked; short after it
  stopped playing sounds; swithched sound on in pathwind & uninstalled
  pathwind - no difference; sometimes it plays ringtones - but have no
  idea under which circumstances; even when it rang for one time it does
  not anymore one call later, although I did not make any changes in
  settings between the calls; does not play sounds / ringtones when
  selecting them in settings (no difference which ringtone).

  Today I made full reset on phone (by Settings) - still no sounds.