Just in case you aren't following the bug forwarded to us, we have closed the
bug as INVALID
Basically, the bug report was incomplete, and confusing -- the title and follow
up info to us
indicated ps2epsi, but the description comment "This means that I am unable to
convert from a ps to a PDF and have the correct (tight) bounding box."
indicates that a PDF was being created. ps2epsi does not create a PDF
(ghostscript can, using ps2pdf, not ps2epsi.

We did try ps2epsi and the %%BoundingBox looks fine.

Please try and do a better job of describing bugs in the future, bu including
the command line
and describing the "before" and "after" results in as much detail as possible,
particularly
what you think is incorrect in the "after".

Packages, which is subscribed to ghostscript in Ubuntu.

  ps2epsi fails after December 01 update

Status in ghostscript package in Ubuntu:

  ps2epsi conversion was working fine before the December 2 update.
  Now? Broken.

  This means that I am unable to convert from a ps to a PDF and have the
  correct (tight) bounding box.

  Start-Date: 2016-12-02  10:42:35
  Commandline: /usr/bin/unattended-upgrade
  Upgrade: libgs9:amd64 (9.18~dfsg~0-0ubuntu2, 9.18~dfsg~0-0ubuntu2.2),
ghostscript:amd64 (9.18~dfsg~0-0ubuntu2, 9.18~df
  sg~0-0ubuntu2.2), ghostscript-x:amd64 (9.18~dfsg~0-0ubuntu2,
9.18~dfsg~0-0ubuntu2.2), libgs9-common:amd64 (9.18~dfsg~0
  -0ubuntu2, 9.18~dfsg~0-0ubuntu2.2)
  End-Date: 2016-12-02  10:42:37

  Release:      16.04