To create a new full backup, simply backup to a new location, or move
the files in the current location to some other place. Déjà Dup will
detect the absence of previous backups and start a new full backup.

The backup location is the directory that stores the duplicity files
that Déjà Dup produces (compressed and possibly encrypted
duplicity-<full|inc>.<timestamp>.<volumenumber>.<extensions> files). For
instance ftp://user@server:port/path/to/backup/location.

You may also want to run the incremental backup that fails, from the
command line, with verbose output, to try and understand what leads to
that failure, and help triage this bug, because right now we
unfortunately don't know enough to reproduce or fix it:

  $ DEJA_DUP_DEBUG=1 deja-dup --backup

As Aaron said Déjà Dup is a good balance between ease of use and
reliability. Since it is a front-end to duplicity, I would recommend
using duplicity directly for more reliability (see manpage for usage).
You would then avoid all the potential front-end bugs.

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  Backup fails every time after one incremental file is possibly
  corrupted

Status in deja-dup package in Ubuntu:

  The backup location is on a NAS mounted with NFS. I get this message
  every time I try to make a new backup:

  Backup Failed

  Invalid data - SHA1 hash mismatch for file:
   duplicity-inc.20161219T001458Z.to.20161220T001456Z.vol1.difftar.gpg
   Calculated hash: 3dde403f81e36268ce9b7f53478d9dd8301a439c
   Manifest hash: b46782fb799c7c5a543ac88d9bfb7cc1df25d38c

  Can someone recommend a better backup software for personal use?

  Package: deja-dup 34.2-0ubuntu1.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.4
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity