The "status" Vej refers to is the bug status, on this web page, to
switch from "incomplete" to "new".

Thanks for the log. Can you please show the content of your cache
directory?

  ls -lR ~/.cache/deja-dup

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  duja-dup AssertionError: ({1: 'duplicity-
  full.20161129T015237Z.vol1.difftar'}

Status in deja-dup package in Ubuntu:

  Deja-dup has never worked for me (last 5 years) always errors.
  No after a new system reinstall 16.04 I was determined to get it up and
running and learn about it's use,and perhaps recover some old data.
   Still fails with  see attached text

  Package: deja-dup 34.2-0ubuntu1.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.4
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Fri Dec 23 16:56:43 2016
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/deja-dup
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160719)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, user)
   SHELL=/usr/bin/fish