Similar situation with me, I've installed Ubuntu 16.04 after that
installed the meta-package for lubuntu and both "gnome-screensaver" and
"light-locker" were active.

When using lxde/lxqt in some cases (as closing laptop lid, etc.) gnome-
screensaver overlaps the light-locker screen and asks for password. What
is more - gnome-screensaver does not accept as correct the password :(.

Removing gnome-screensaver seems to do the trick.

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-greeter in Ubuntu.

  Password needs to be entered twice after switching users

Status in unity-greeter package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrading from Ubuntu 13.10 to Ubuntu 14.04 I have to enter my
  password twice after switching users. The problem can be solved by
  uninstalling gnome-screensaver - however, this breaks locking the
  screen by using "Strg+Alt+L" or by clicking "Lock screen" in the Unity
  menu.

  Maybe gnome-screensaver should be replaced by light-locker? After
  installing light-locker (with no gnome-screensaver installed) locking
  works fine from the command line, but does not work in Unity.