This bug has been reported on the Ubuntu ISO testing tracker.

A list of all reports related to this bug can be found here:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/bugs/1666951

** Tags added: iso-testing

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-system-tools in Ubuntu.

  time-admin window doesn't install ntp when prompted

Status in gnome-system-tools package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using Xubuntu 17.04 but I don't think this problem is specific to
  Xubuntu.

  By default, "Configuration" in "Time and Date Settings" is set to
  "Manual". If I change the option to "Keep synchronized with Internet
  servers" I am prompted to "Install NTP support" or to cancel the
  change. Obviously this is only when the ntp package isn't already
  installed.

  Clicking on "Install NTP support" displays a notification window to
  say that an application is requesting additional packages and that is
  can be found in "Software". Clicking on that window brings up gnome-
  software which says that the requested package cannot be found.

  I'm sure that in the past I was prompted for my administrator password
  as would be expected when installing software.

  Although I'm reporting this using a live environment I also saw this
  with my full disk based installation.

  Package: gnome-system-tools 3.0.0-4ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.10.0-8.10-generic 4.10.0-rc8
  CasperVersion: 1.380
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE