This is a bug, that seems unmaintained, the comment of apienk says
pretty clearly, that he cannot save the configuration, otherwise it
works.

The only thing to do to get it to work under Linux is:
- open ~/.config/inkscape/preferences.xml in a Texteditor
- search for wacom
- and enter mode="screen", in the appropriate section (see below)

This is just a GUI problem at the moment (apart from the overlay-
scrollbar thing that does not affect me).

The relevant section in the .xml that works for me now is:
  <group
     id="devices">
    <group
       id="P:Wacom Co.,Ltd. Pen and multitouch sensor Pen stylus"
       mode="screen"
       axes="x;y;pressure;xtilt;ytilt;wheel"
       keys="" />
    <group
       id="E:Wacom Co.,Ltd. Pen and multitouch sensor Pen eraser"
       mode="screen"
       axes="x;y;pressure;xtilt;ytilt;wheel"
       keys="" />
    <group
       id="P:Wacom Co.,Ltd. Pen and multitouch sensor Finger"
       mode="screen"
       axes="x;y;pressure;xtilt"
       keys="" />
  </group>

Packages, which is subscribed to inkscape in Ubuntu.

  no pressure sensitivity with wacom tablet in inkscape

Status in Inkscape:
  Confirmed
Status in overlay-scrollbar:
  Confirmed
Status in inkscape package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: inkscape

  I am using inkscape 0.48 with a wacom pen & touch (CTH-460/k)

  I have been using this combination before and everything was working
  fine, but - probably - since the upgrade to natty pressure sensitivity
  does not work any more, whereas it is working fine, e.g. in the gimp.

  I have double- and triple-checked the settings. The tablet is
  recognised and everything is enabled and set to "screen". Yet, no joy.

  I'd like to work with this again, as this is a productive envrionment...

  Package: inkscape 0.48.1-2ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-9.43-generic 2.6.38.4