** Changed in: xorg-server

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  The key repeat delay for the "down-arrow", "left-arrow", and "End"
  keys is longer than the other keys

Status in gnome-settings-daemon:
  Unknown
Status in X.Org X server:
  Won't Fix
Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in xkeyboard-config package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in xserver-xorg-input-evdev package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gnome-settings-daemon

  I'm testing Intrepid beta, upgraded from Hardy.

  When I press & hold the "down-arrow" key, or the "left-arrow" key, or
  the "End" key, the delay (until the key starts to repeat) is longer
  than the rest of the keys in the keyboard. I have to hold these keys
  pressed more time in order to get repetition.

  The issue, however, don't appear when you use the down-arrow key in
  the keypad (the "2" key), or the left-arrow in the keypad (the "4"
  key), or the "End" key in the keypad (the "1" key).

  I'm using a Spanish keyboard. In Layouts tab on "Keyboard Preferences"
  dialog, I have the following:

  - Keyboard model: Generic 105-key (Intl) PC
  - Selected layouts: Spain (default)

  To test it, try the following:

  1. Go to System->Preferences->Keyboard.
  2. Go to Layouts tab.
  3. Check "Key presses repeat when key is held down" chekbox.
  4. Move the Delay rule to the very left (near to "Short" label).
  5. Now, press and hold the arrow (cursor) keys. You can see that the up-arrow
and right-arrow keys works OK, but you need to hold left-arrow, down-arrow and
End keys more time to get the repetition work.

  It's a very irritating bug!

  ANOTHER (EASIER) METHOD TO REPRODUCE:

  1. $ xset r rate 10 50
  2. Press and hold any printable key.
  3. Now, move the cursor back and forth using the left and right cursor keys
(pressing and holding one of the keys and then the other after a while). You
can see the left key is clearly slower than the right key. Using the down-arrow
key or the End key produces the same issue.