Hallo
I am on Xubuntu 14.04. Th breton (c'hwerty) configuration doesn't word on my
machine. I tried the patch provided by James Cloose, but I didn't find any file
with name keysymdef on my machine.
Could somebody help?

Packages, which is subscribed to xkeyboard-config in Ubuntu.

  Breton keyboard layout C'HWERTY not supported

Status in xkeyboard-config:
  Fix Released
Status in xkeyboard-config package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu has configuration for several keyboard layouts, but my C'HWERTY
  keyboard (that's the Breton keyboard if you need to know) is not
  supported.

  Support for C'HWERTY keyboard layout would be welcome.

  Doing a Google search, a found a xmodmap file for C'HWERTY keyboard,
  but it does not work well: some keys work in terminal but not all of
  them (arrow keys are broken,  C'H key does not work, page up broken,
  etc...). And in gnome applications it does not work at all.

  I think xmodmap is deprecated anyway (probably why it did not work in
  GNOME applications).  But then I'm still confused how I can configure
  my keyboard on Ubuntu.

  I've put a picture of the keyboard in wikimedia commons:
  - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/Bretona-klavaro.jpg

  Some more info about the keyboard C'HWERTY layout:
  - http://www.drouizig.org/Saozneg/Keyboard/keyboard-index.html

  xmodmap file for C'HWERTY (but broken for me at least on Ubuntu):
  - http://www.drouizig.org/Saozneg/Keyboard/keyboard-Linuxsupport.html

  I'm using Ubuntu-8.10 (Intrepid).