If you are still experiencing this bug, please report it to GNOME.

** Also affects: gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.

  gnome-session-binary[1676]: Unrecoverable failure in required
  component org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Color.desktop

Status in gnome-session package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in Ubuntu:

  Looks like a regression; the gnome-shell session is often crashing and
  ask again for login.

  From journalctl:

  gnome-session[1676]: gnome-session-binary[1676]: WARNING: Application
'org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Color.desktop' failed to register before timeout
  gnome-session-binary[1676]: WARNING: Application
'org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Color.desktop' failed to register before timeout
  gnome-session-binary[1676]: Unrecoverable failure in required component
org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Color.desktop
  gnome-session[1676]: gnome-session-binary[1676]: CRITICAL: We failed, but the
fail whale is dead. Sorry....
  gnome-session-binary[1676]: CRITICAL: We failed, but the fail whale is dead.
Sorry....

  Package: gnome-session 3.23.4.1-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME