** Also affects: hplip

Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.

  Hplip started showing message "no system tray detected"

Status in HPLIP:
  New
Status in ubuntu-mate:
  New
Status in hplip package in Ubuntu:

  After latest update with synaptic, HPLIP icon disappeared from
  indicators applet and at system startup the "no system tray detected"
  popup regularly appears. I had this problem with Ubuntu 12.04 (with
  Mate desktop), but disappeared when I installed Ubuntu Mate 16.04.
  Until latest update which involved many Mate modules.

  Problem appeared with HPLIP default version 3.16.3 installed. I tried
  update to HPLIP 3.16.8 with no luck. Problem is still present.

  Regards,
  Luca Veronesi