** Description changed:

  In an up to date Ubuntu 17.04 amd64 vm, if I:

  1. install ubuntu-gnome-desktop
  2. select lightdm as the default
  3. sudo service lightdm stop ; sudo service lightdm start
  4. login choosing 'GNOME Wayland'

  the screen goes black with a flashing cursor in the upper left. If I
- 'dpkg-reconfigure -plow lightdm' and choose 'gdm3', then stop light and
- start gdm3, then I can login to a wayland gnome3 desktop.
+ 'dpkg-reconfigure -plow lightdm' and choose 'gdm3', then stop lightdm
+ and start gdm3, then I can login to a wayland gnome3 desktop.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.

  black screen when using 'GNOME Wayland' with lightdm on zesty

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  New
Status in gnome-session package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu: