Additional generated built patched package network-manager-openvpn-gnome

** Attachment added: "network-manager-openvpn-gnome_1.1.93-1ubuntu1.1_amd64.deb"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager-openvpn/+bug/1681295/+attachment/4859325/+files/network-manager-openvpn-gnome_1.1.93-1ubuntu1.1_amd64.deb

Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-openvpn in Ubuntu.

  Problem in network-manager-openvpn, openvpn fails during and after
  downloads.

Status in network-manager-openvpn package in Ubuntu:

  So I've been using OpenVPN through the network-manager-openvpn package
  integrated into the network manager GUI. I experienced an odd problem
  where consistently, during or after downloading (in this case, I
  tested by just downloading the kernel tarball from kernel.org
  repeatedly, which is around 90MB) Every single time, without fail, the
  openvpn client would fail and my connection would go dead. To
  reconnect, I would have to manually restart the network manager.

  Now, I played around with .conf files and the CLI openvpn client and noticed
EXACTLY the same behavior happening. I eventually arrived to the conclusion
that the flag or option "auth-nocache" would cause a connection reset after or
during downloads and streaming. I then got to reading the openvpn man pages and
I stumbled across this message (you can easily find it by going 'man openvpn |
grep nocache') about the guaranteed failure of key renegotiation if
auth-user-pass and auth-nocache were used together:
  " Further,  using --daemon together with --auth-user-pass (entered
    on console) and --auth-nocache will fail as soon as key  renego‐
    tiation (and reauthentication) occurs."

  When I removed auth-user-pass from my .conf files, the problem went away.
Then I wondered. Now what if...network-manager-openvpn was actually passing
both flags to openvpn? Then I downloaded the source tarball and found that
indeed, this exact thing is happening on a SINGLE line. See line 1380 of
network-manager-openvpn-1.1.93/src/nm-openvpn-service.c
  "add_openvpn_arg (args, "--auth-nocache");"

  So I decided to comment out that single line. I then rebuilt the
  packages network-manager-openvpn and network-manager-openvpn using
  'dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -nc', installed them, and tested
  downloading the source kernel repeatedly to see if the connection
  would hold. It does! Literally commenting out ONE line fixed weeks
  worth of extreme annoyance repeatedly reconnecting to my vpn. This
  issue is rather annoying and needs to be fixed so openvpn doesn't keep
  cutting out. I've attached a patch for the source.