Thank you for reporting this bug to Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 13.04 (raring) reached end-of-life on January 27, 2014.

See this document for currently supported Ubuntu releases:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

We appreciate that this bug may be old and you might not be interested
in discussing it any more. But if you are then please upgrade to the
latest Ubuntu version and re-test.

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  [43192RU, Conexant CX20585, Mic, Internal] Crackling sound

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  Recording through internal microphone produces crackling noise on
  playback. This happens regardless of settings for input device using
  alsamixer. When using the ubuntu-bug wizard I said the first test
  passed because the audio was remarkably better than the 2nd but there
  was still minor crackling, so I am not sure how to do some ALSA only
  tests to verify the culprit really is PulseAudio, please advise.

  Update: I just discovered arecord and did a test. The crackling is
  still present with arecord.

  Update2: I used set options snd-hda-intel position_fix=2 a second time
  and it appears audio is recording correctly now (and saved correctly).
  I had it set to 1 for a long time it appears, not sure if I hadn't
  added that if it would do the same behaviour of set options snd-hda-
  intel position_fix=2.

  Tried so far:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/PositionReporting
  set options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1
  load-module module-udev-detect tsched=0

  Related issues:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/315282/crackling-sound-from-microphone-recently-in-13-04

  Package: pulseaudio 1:3.0-0ubuntu6
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-32.47-generic 3.8.13.10
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-32-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.9.2-0ubuntu8.5
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  elijah     2775 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  elijah     2775 F.... pulseaudio
                        elijah    11562 F.... alsamixer