Version 59.0.3067.0 is not affected, version 59.0.3069.0 is affected.
There are 757 commits in that window.

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  First renderer process doesn't render page for chromium 59.0.3071.86
  in KVM

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  Chromium 59.0.3071.86 was promoted to the stable release channel
  earlier this week, and I have built packages for all supported ubuntu
  releases at https://launchpad.net/~osomon/+archive/ubuntu/chromium-
  stable.

  While they seem to work well on bare metal and in virtualbox virtual
  machines, we are seeing an issue in KVM guests (e.g. Ubuntu 16.04.2):
  when launched, the page in the first tab is not rendered at all (the
  contents remain blank). Refreshing the page doesn't make things any
  better. But browsing to a different domain in the same tab "fixes" the
  issue.

  All URLs are affected: the default URL when opening the browser for
  the first time is chrome://welcome, and it's not rendered, and so
  aren't other http URLs when passed on the command line.

  It looks like the first renderer process is not able to render to
  screen correctly. The renderer process itself looks okay, it doesn't
  crash, and I haven't seen anything relevant in the verbose logs.

  The official google chrome release on the same configuration is not
  affected, so this problem is specific to our chromium-browser
  packages.