[Expired for pulseaudio (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Video Playback in lucid stuttering

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I reinstalled (not upgraded) from Karmic to Lucid yesterday, and I
  have serious issues now when trying to playback videos.

  I tried several players, including Totem, Mplayer and VLC, and all of
  them show the same symptoms. When playing a video, every minute or so
  the video hangs for half a second and the audio stutters, then the
  playback resumes until the next hang. So much about the symptoms.

  When looking at "top", I also saw that the CPU usage of of Xorg and
  compiz raises from 5%/5% to about 20%/20%. I surely already tried to
  disable compiz, but that didn't solve the problem. When looking at
  various logfiles, I also recognized the following error message
  repeating in /var/log/messages, but it those messages did not appear
  in sync with the stuttering:

  pulseaudio[2049]: ratelimit.c: 2 events suppressed

  I am using the NVidia binary driver by the way, running a GeForce GTX
  240, if that is in any way relevant.