[Expired for pulseaudio (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Audio player stops playing, sometimes stuck at certain parts

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I'm not really sure if this bug should be reported to Ubuntu or it
  should be reported to pulseaudio. But oh well.

  I have two media players on my HP ProBook 4445s running Ubuntu 12.04
  LTS: SMPlayer and Rhythmbox. I use Rhythmbox whenever I want to listen
  to a music playlist, and SMPlayer for anything else (including video).

  On Rhythmbox, I sometimes experience the song getting stuck at a
  certain point for a few seconds then continue to play the whole track.
  There are times that the song gets stuck more than once.

  As for SMPlayer, I tried to play a single song when it just stops
  playing. It won't continue playing until you click on the stop button
  then click on the play button. I tried it a couple of times using that
  same song and the player just stops at certain unpredictable points of
  the song.

  Video playback in SMPlayer also has some issues. The video's audio
  gets stuck for a few seconds too.

  My speculation is it's because of some issues with pulseaudio. But I'm
  not really sure. can somebody help me with this?

  I've attached a verbose log file of the instance when SMPlayer stopped
  playing a song, in case you need it.