Public bug reported:

Using seahorse function "Remote" > "Find Remote Keys" and typing in a
name that contains dots results in very strange output. Where the names
are usually display is a mess of characters as if the same position was
drawn multiple times with different chars. Instead of the e-mail address
there is what seems to be code. Unfortunately I closed seahorse and I
didn't take a screenshot, key servers are currently giving me internal
server errors (hopefully this issue didn't occur on the server side).

One possible string that seem to trigger the bug is "S.H.I.E.L.D."

** Affects: seahorse (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to seahorse in Ubuntu.

  Searching keyserver with dot containing string causes parsing error

Status in seahorse package in Ubuntu: