Even though the tags on git master indicate it was fixed by 2.26.9 it
doesn't appear to be in the source released into 17.04 (snapd 2.26.10).
I've asked the Snappy team for clarification as to what version it is /
will be in.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  Use 'title' field for snap apps

Status in Snapcraft:
  New
Status in Software Center Agent:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-software source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in gnome-software source package in Yakkety:
  Won't Fix
Status in gnome-software source package in Zesty:
  Fix Committed
Status in gnome-software source package in Artful:

  [Impact]
  Snaps show using the snap 'name', which has a limited character set and is
not translatable (e.g. 'moon-buggy'). The store contained a 'title' which is
more appropriate (e.g. 'Moon Buggy') which was not exposed via snapd. Now snapd
supports this field we should use it in GNOME Software.

  [Test Case]
  1. Start GNOME Software
  2. Search for 'moon'

  Expected result:
  A snap called 'Moon Buggy' is shown.

  Observed result:
  A snap called 'moon-buggy' is shown.

  [Regression Potential]
  The fix is to use the new field if it is present.