Deploying vinagre under Xubuntu 17.04 zesty with
KERNEL=4.10.0-28-generic we setup so keystroke combinations are passed
on to the remote desktop so F11 is disabled locally. The alternative pop
up tooltips when hovering mouse at top centre of the screen does not
appear. We see no cursor change of shape during the hover.

Packages, which is subscribed to vinagre in Ubuntu.

  Vinagre / Remote Desktop Viewer won't exit full screen when launched
  from command line

Status in vinagre package in Ubuntu:

  Launched vinagre as follows:
  vinagre -f --vnc-scale <host>

  Comes up fine. If you move mouse pointer to top middle, the Viewer
  menu fails to appear (there is flickering, but no menu).

  If launched with keep-aspect-ratio, it works fine - only goes wrong
  when has been scaled to full height vertically (i.e. no keep-aspect-
  ratio).

  Ubuntu 15.10, software up-to-date.