Public bug reported:

Starting the new ubuntu-session for gnome-shell, disk volumes are
showing up on the desktop. This is fine, but I have a couple of bind
mounts that I use for mounting in lxd that shouldn't be showing up.

$ mount|grep mapper
/dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root on /home/jamie/ubuntu/sbuild type ext4
(rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root on /home/jamie/bzr-pulls/snappy-apps type ext4
(rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)

In Unity, these would show up in the launcher, but I could right click
on the launcher to hide them. Right click on the desktop icon in gnome-
shell does not allow this.

As a workaround, there is:

$ gsettings set org.gnome.nautilus.desktop volumes-visible false

which indeed works around the problem, but it also means that if I plug
in my phone, I don't see it show up on my desktop (and because nautilus
doesn't pop up automatically, I have to remember to open the file
manager manually and drill down to the phone).

For me, it would be great to have volumes visible with an exception list
exposed via gsettings (or ideally, right click on the volume).

** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  some disk volumes showing up that should probably be filtered

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu: