Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. However, your crash report is either missing or
challenging to deal with as a ".crash" file. Please follow these
instructions to have apport report a new bug about your crash that can
be dealt with by the automatic retracer.

Open your file manager, navigate to your /var/crash directory and open the
crash report you wish to submit.
If this fails you will have to open a terminal and file your report with
'ubuntu-bug /var/crash/_my_crash_report.crash' where _my_crash_report.crash is
the crash you would like to report. If you get an error that you aren't allowed
to access this report you will have to file it with 'sudo ubuntu-bug
/var/crash/_my_crash_report.crash'.

** Tags added: regression-update

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  crash on suspend

  Reproduction steps:

  On my laptop, everytime I suspend and resume from the suspend, the
  wayland/gnome-shell has crashed, and I have to login again fresh.

  I can reproduce 100% of the time on this hardware.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.26.1-0ubuntu1
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Oct 10 12:28:41 2017
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  GsettingsChanges:
   b'org.gnome.shell' b'enabled-extensions' b"['ubuntu-d...@ubuntu.com',
'ubuntu-appindicat...@ubuntu.com', 'dash-to-d...@micxgx.gmail.com']"
   b'org.gnome.shell' b'favorite-apps' b"['terminator.desktop',
'google-chrome.desktop', 'org.gnome.Nautilus.desktop']"
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'gtk-im-module' b"'gtk-im-context-simple'"
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'show-battery-percentage' b'true'
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'clock-show-date' b'true'
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Alpha amd64 (20170926)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  ---
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.10
  GsettingsChanges:
   org.gnome.shell enabled-extensions ['ubuntu-d...@ubuntu.com',
'ubuntu-appindicat...@ubuntu.com', 'dash-to-d...@micxgx.gmail.com']
   org.gnome.shell favorite-apps ['terminator.desktop',
'google-chrome.desktop', 'org.gnome.Nautilus.desktop']
   org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-im-module 'gtk-im-context-simple'
   org.gnome.desktop.interface show-battery-percentage true
   org.gnome.desktop.interface clock-show-date true
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Alpha amd64 (20170926)
  Package: gnome-shell 3.26.1-0ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
  Tags:  artful wayland-session
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True