i can confirm that this is problem for me as well, have seen it on two
fresh and fully updated installs of 17.10, each on a thinkpad t530.
--josh

  Drag & drop from the desktop freezes partially the PC

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Hi

  I'm running 17.10 today's update (2017-08-12)

  I've put on the deskop 2 kinds of files : xx.txt and yy.odt
  If I right click on anyone, then cut & paste in Data Perso partition for ex,
fine
  if I drag & drop instead, the file is frozen, some opened windows the same.

  The only exit is : Ctrl+Alt+Del to close and open the session

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release: 17.10