> (rant about Ubuntu development)

I think there is a good chance that this bug will be fixed in a Stable
Release Update for Ubuntu 17.10. I've personally done dozens of stable
release updates for Ubuntu to fix bugs (mostly in GNOME) this year. Once
an Ubuntu stable release happens, it is the responsibility of Ubuntu
developers to get bug fixes into the release, not GNOME.

And it's not GNOME that packages GNOME for Ubuntu anyway. It is Ubuntu
(and Debian) developers who do all of that!

> You are equally to blame for the edit war.

I reverted twice and stopped. You reverted 4 times.

It feels like you are a bit confused on how Ubuntu development works.
That's fine ­– I'm still learning new stuff about it! But I think here
your confusion has caused a bit of excessive conflict here. I recommend
trying to work together more next time.

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Artful)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Artful)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Artful)

  onscreen keyboard appears whenever i touch touchscreen

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Unknown
Status in gnome-shell source package in Artful:

  Impact
  ======
  I'm in 17.10. Whenever I touch the touchscreen, the keyboard appears. It is
disabled in System Preferences > Universal Access.  This didn't happen in any
previous Ubuntus, including 17.04 GNOME, nor in Fedora, which is GNOME based.

  Test Case
  =========
  0. Find a laptop with a touch screen that works.
  1. Settings > Universal Access > Typing > Screen Keyboard = OFF
  2. Touch the screen.

  Regression Potential