On 2017-11-08 01:27, Jung-Kyu Park wrote:
> @leejh76 , Hi Jong Hoon, It doesn't seem to quite related to this
> font issue.
> It seems a bug of input methods, I think , It would be better for you
> file a bug to Libreoffice team, or those input methods developers.

I agree with Jung-Kyu Park. I'd suggest that you file a separate bug
against the fcitx package to start with.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fcitx/+filebug

> @gunnarhj
> It works well for me in Ubuntu 17.10 under VB on macOS, If I can have
> a chance to test in machine, I would test more of it in Ubuntu 17.10
> and 18.04 (if it is possible)

Thanks for letting us know, and yes, of course it's possible to keep
testing. Actually there is no real deadline for this. Whenever an issue
is reported, we'll fix it if possible.

At this time it seems to me as if we'll likely complete the switch to
Noto as default fonts for Japanese and Korean in 18.04, so I will soon
propose the related changes to the seed branches.

However, I have one question as regards the Korean fonts: Up to Ubuntu
17.10, besides fonts-nanum and fonts-nanum-coding, also the fonts-
unfonts-core package has been installed by default for Korean users.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/artful/all/fonts-unfonts-core/filelist

If we switch to Noto, is it motivated to keep installing fonts-unfonts-
core by default?

Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.

  Switch to Noto Sans as default font for Japanese and/or Korean?

Status in language-selector package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  In Ubuntu 16.04 Noto Sans CJK is the default font for rendering
  Chinese. After having struggled with a few issues, I believe that we
  finally achieved the desired improvement of the rendering experience.

  So now I ask: Is there an interest from Japanese and Korean users to
  consider a switch to Noto Sans? (The fonts are already installed for
  all users on Ubuntu 16.04.)