Hello,

Has there been any development with this issue? I am having the same
problem when trying to unlock my Ubuntu 16.04 Gnome. Takes about 10
seconds to show me the desktop.

Packages, which is subscribed to gdm in Ubuntu.

  Lock Screen is extremely slow

Status in gdm package in Ubuntu:

  When my system has a message in my user session but my screen is
  locked, such as if my Google account needs to authenticate again using
  the GNOME Online Accounts manager, this will often cause the entire
  GDM to slow down or freeze up entirely, making quick and easy access
  to my system not so quick-and-easy.

  Package: gdm 3.8.4-0ubuntu2
  Date: Fri Oct  4 23:51:17 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-GNOME 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Beta amd64
(20130926)
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)