Public bug reported:

This is with Ubuntu 16.04.

Using the Ubuntu-provided Firefox 57.0, if I go to
https://get.webgl.org/ I get the message:

"Hmm. While your browser seems to support WebGL, it is disabled or
unavailable. If possible, please ensure that you are running the latest
drivers for your video card."

In the JavaScript developer console there are some messages, including:

"Error: WebGL warning: Failed to create WebGL context: WebGL creation failed:
* Refused to create native OpenGL context because of blacklist entry:
FEATURE_FAILURE_OPENGL_1
* Exhausted GL driver options."

There are similar messages for WebGL in about:support.

However if I download Firefox 57.0 from
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0/linux-x86_64/en-
US/firefox-57.0.tar.bz2 and use that to go to https://get.webgl.org/ , I
get the message "Your browser supports WebGL".

So it looks like Ubuntu-provided Firefox has a problem while Mozilla-
provided Firefox doesn't. (FYI, I reported a similar problem in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1724705 , where
DRM-protected content doesn't work with Ubuntu-provided Firefox but does
work with Mozilla-provided Firefox.)

** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox incorrectly blacklists system for WebGL

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu: