I just checked in a clean artful VM, and by default java is enabled in
libreoffice (but not functioning until openjdk is installed).
I'm guessing that what happened is that something pulled in openjdk when you
installed upgrades.
I also verified that upgrading libreoffice from artful-proposed doesn't install
openjdk if it wasn't there.

** Tags added: bot-stop-nagging

  libreoffice do not start, even after complete reinstalling

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  I am using ubuntu 17.10
  and the problem is in libreoffice5.

  the logo of libreoffice5 appears for a few seconds then disappears without
starting the program;
  this happens with every package.

  I am not sure this is a bug, but I have not found any solution of this
  problem anywhere.

  Package: libreoffice-calc 1:5.4.2-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-17-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.5
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME-Flashback:GNOME
  Date: Wed Nov 22 13:11:30 2017
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20130213)
  SourcePackage: libreoffice