/me Looks at all the settings again

I have the same problem as Jonathan, and can confirm that the mouse is
set correctly.

It does operate properly if the touchscreen of my computer is disabled,
but if the touchscreen is active, then the disable-to-type function of
the touchpad does not work properly.

I've attached my Xorg.0.log as well.

** Attachment added: "Xorg.0.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1733032/+attachment/5026140/+files/Xorg.0.log

  touchpad disable while typing, disable tap-to-click don't work in
  17.10

  Since upgrading to 17.10, my mouse pointer is repeatedly and
  frequently getting moved against my will when I am typing on my laptop
  keyboard (as opposed to external keyboard) because my hand brushes
  against the touchpad or even just near its surface.

  Furthermore, I don't want tap-to-click to be enabled. I want to
  actually have to push down on the mousepad hard enough to click it to
  generate a mouse button event. I can't figure out how to disable tap-
  to-click in 17.10 either.

  I did not have these problems _at all_ in 17.04.

  I have the touchpad click method set to "Areas" and "Disable While
  Typing" enabled in gnome-tweak-tool. This does not help.

  I have these lines in the touchpad section of
  /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf as well:

  Option "DisableWhileTyping" "true"
  Option "PalmDetection" "true"
  Option "Tapping" "false"

  They don't help either.

  This is a substantial regression in functionality from 17.04.

  It appears to be a problem using both Wayland and Xorg.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.26.1-0ubuntu5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.4
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME