I did some testing with different colours. Maybe this helps to pinpoint
what's actually going wrong.

I also found an interesting correlation with this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1712997
The visual artefacts are very similar however they are not in a straight line
and they happen with the old driver (1.0.25) which is otherwise fine.

What I wasn't able to confirm yet is if the current stable release of
sane-backends 1.0.27 might fix this or not. There are many dependencies
which make it impossible for me to replace libase1 with libsane. You can
get it here if you are able to work around the dependency issue:
https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-
release?field.series_filter=

btw: This also happens with CanoScan LiDE 200 btw. I marked the report
for 200 as a duplicate of this report since yours was reported earlier.

** Attachment added: "color test"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1731459/+attachment/5027778/+files/image_error.png

Packages, which is subscribed to sane-backends in Ubuntu.

  Black band in scanned images

Status in sane-backends package in Ubuntu:

  On Windows it works but on my Ubuntu 17.10 I see a black band on
  scanned image. The scanner is Canon CanoScan LIDE100. Libsane version
  is 1.0.27-1~experimental2ubuntu1