   Terminal height shrinking when it loses focus

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  ubuntu's gnome-terminal plays really bad with X11 forwarding

Status in gnome-terminal package in Ubuntu:

  Hi. Consider the following setup. A ubuntu quantal machine with unity
  and a kubuntu quantal laptop.

  I want to admin the machine remotely from the laptop. I ssh into it
  with X11 forwarding. Now, I realize that an extra terminal would be
  nice, so I start gnome-terminal on the machine. Due to the ssh X11
  forwarding, the terminal should appear on the laptop.

  As a matter of fact it does. But the way in which it does so is quirky
  and wrong.

  1. The terminal initially appears at the proper window size. But
  immediately the window starts shrinking autonomously, until it is
  about 1 row high and 25 chars wide.

  2. At this point, grabbing the window corner I can re-make it the
  proper size (e.g. 80 chars by 25 rows). Once this is done, the window
  appears to stay the proper size.

  3. However, resizing the window is a strange matter. At some window
  sizes, you get a half line at the bottom of the screen. At some others
  a repeated line. At some others an empty white stripe.  It takes care
  to adjust the size so that the terminal works fine.

  4. If at this point you maximize the window it does so fine. However,
  unmaximizing it then brings you back to the problem from point 1.
  Rather than taking its previous unmaximized size, the window does so
  for a second. Then starts shrinking by itself until it is 1 row high
  and a few chars wide.

  Other terminals (e.g. xterm) work just fine.  What is happening?

  Please fix gnome-terminal so that it does not break X11 standards such
  as X11 forwarding.

  Package: gnome-terminal 3.6.0-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.7.4-030704-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.6.1-0ubuntu9