[Expired for gnome-shell (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  Ubuntu AA (gnome) - panel and dock transparency animation crashes
  Gnome shell

  Expired

Bug description:
  I believe this is caused by the panel and dock transparency animations
  on the Ubuntu session (not the vanilla Gnome session). This is best
  replicated on a multi-monitor set up.

  Scenario 1:
    - Open some app, make full screen on monitor with panel and dock - panels
are now opaque
    - Open some other app unmaximized
    - Rapidly drag back and forth between monitors
    - Everything's good

  Scenario 2:
    - Ensure no app is making the panel / dock opaque
    - Open some app unmaximized
    - Rapidly drag back and forth between monitors
    - Crash

  Now this happens both on X (where Gnome restarts) and Wayland (where
  we get kicked out to the login screen). Just before the crash, CPU
  usage spikes and frame rate drops dramatically.

  Ubuntu 17.10, Wayland and X, intel graphics.

  I can't find no gnome logs anywhere, but a 270MB binary file appears
  at ~/core, do you need this?