The import has been done now and it resolves the issue described
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/bionic/+source/gnome-sudoku/+pots/gnome-sudoku/da/+details
The danish locale includes 100% translations and 0% launchpad changes over them
which looks correct

** Changed in: gnome-sudoku (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-sudoku in Ubuntu.

  Translations not updated from upstream

Status in gnome-sudoku package in Ubuntu:

  The Danish translation of gnome-sudoku lacks many strings as it has
  not been synchronized with upstream for years:

  https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-sudoku

  Meanwhile gnome-sudoku is and has always been completely translated
  upstream.  Indeed it has been fully translated for every release of
  GNOME ever since it forked out of gnome-games.  Take for example
  current master:

  https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnome-sudoku/master/po/da

  It seems there are rather grave problems with translation imports in
  Launchpad.  I reported a similar issue recently for util-linux:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/util-linux/+bug/1730793

  Who knows how many other packages are affected, and in what languages.
  I think Launchpad translations should be disabled entirely for all
  source packages - the translations belong upstream, with the project.

  Thanks to scootergrisen for making me aware of this problem.