I have a similar problem documented in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1751871.
Have you found any solutions since posting this bug report?

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Headphones Not Working - HP Pavilion g7

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  installed a recent update and not long after my headphone jack no longer
works.
  It would appear that computer is unable to sense that headphones are plugged
  into system and therefore sound continues to play from internal speakers even
  when headphones are plugged in.

  I have used alsamixer to ensure that the headphone channels are not muted,
  in addition when I check for the device in pulse audio control, headphones are
  listed as 'unplugged' even when they are plugged in.

  I have also tried reinstalling sound drivers, nothing works.

  This is a nightmare! Please help ASAP!