If the bug is that terrorists abruptly divert aircrafts into high buildings,
then the total disabling the whole air traffic IS NOT A BUGFIX, but it is a
TEMPORARY WORK AROUND only!  The real bug fix is when you reopen the public
air traffic with a better safety configuration!

To disable the apparmor is a temporary work around only.  Since the foreign
office documents are harmful, and hence it is a valuable gift, that the
apparmor is suitable to protect say the local backup subtrees.

It is in fact a conceptual bug to assume, that peope work in their home.

Professionals, who were not brought up in the "My Documents", "My Photos"
and "Downloads" world, do work elsewhere on regular base.

Since the home tree became polluted by self invited and regularly changing
system configuration data, typically not for tampering by the user.

Remember please the happy 80's years, when the home containd exclusively
only that kind of configuratkon files, which were edited only by the user
itself.  And as such, these user configuration files also belonged to the
fruits of the users's onwn personal work.

But nowadays, the professional approach is NOT to work in the home tree.

((I personally use 4 additional physical drives: /work and its local backup
/zzzz, and /xtra and its local backup /ytra.  Hence I wish to access by
LibreOffice the regular /work and occassionally /xtra, and I wish to protect
their local backups: /zzzz and /ytra .))

Hence I suggest NOT TO CONSIDER THIS BUG "Fix Released", since disabling of
the protection IS NOT A BUGFIX.  The bug is still there!

There should be a user configurable list of user subtree roots.

And there should be a HUGE WARNING in the LibreOffice error message, that
where can the user find that configurable list of user subtree roots.

Google the net please, and recognise please, how wide spread this bug is,
and ho many discussions DO not recognies, that the problem is not directly
with the LibreOffice itself, but only with the Windows-style missleading
error message and bad access configuration.

This bug is suitable to deter or discourage the users from LibreOffice and
hence from Linux systems.

  libreoffice cannot open a document not within $HOME

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  Starting with today's update to LibreOffice 5.4.5.1 40m0(Build:1),
  files not within the user $HOME directory cannot be opened. This has
  nothing to do with ownership or permissions - the target document is
  owned by the user with full permissions. Moving the file to ~/Desktop
  allows it to be opened normally.

  Error message in popup window:
    Access to /home2/mico/documents/personal/2018 lists.ods was denied.

  Error message when launched from terminal:
  $: localc "2018 lists.ods"
  javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
  Please ensure that a JVM and the package libreoffice-java-common is installed.
  If it is already installed then try removing
~/.libreoffice/3/user/config/javasettings_Linux_*.xml
  Warning: failed to read path from javaldx

  The file mentioned in the error message does not exist.
  I removed the corresponding file under ~/.libreoffice/4/ but that makes no
difference.

  This but started in Ubuntu 18.04 (alpha) around Feb. 15, and with
  today's update (Feb. 22) it appeared in Ubuntu 17.10.

  Package: libreoffice-core 1:5.4.5-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME