Just noticed I made a mistake earlier. It was libreoffice 5.4.5.1 that
would not connect. Reverting back to 5.1.6.2 did work as did updating to
6.0.1. Hope that helps.

  libreoffice base no ODBC connection for sqlite3 following ubuntu
  update

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  recently installed the latest updates to ubuntu 17.01 and libreoffice
  base (5.4.6.2) lost its connection to my sqlite3 database. Tried
  reconnecting but the ODBC data source list was empty. The drivers
  still appear OK in ODBCManageDataSourcesQ4 and all the parameters etc
  appear the same. No change to odbc,ini or odbcinst.ini. Reverted to an
  older version of libreoffice (5.1.6.2) and it all works OK.

  Package: libreoffice (not installed)
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.7
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME-Flashback:GNOME
  Date: Wed Feb 28 13:09:57 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release amd64 (20171018)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>