** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  nautilus takes a huge amount of memory when copy-pasting files

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: nautilus

  My system has 2GB of RAM and 4GB of swap. Nautilus is taking almost
  all of them. Top says 1781M virt and 1.2G res. This happens as I´m
  doing a backup of my external USB drive into another USB drive. Around
  1.000.000 files, with music, videos, text, and thousands and thousands
  of pictures. Copying from Ext3 to Ext4 partition, with a simple copy
  and paste.

  Copy speed decreased with time, starting around 16-17MB/sec now around
  11MB/sec.

  Serious bug. Copy & paste shouldn´t destroy a machine no matter how
  big the amount of files/total size. =(

  I posted this originally as a comment, but this is a different
  behaviour to the one described on the bug report that I posted on.