** Changed in: kdebase-workspace

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Xsession sourced scripts shouldn't be run using user's default shell

Status in KDE Base Workspace:
  Unknown
Status in kde-workspace package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Recently I encountered a problem that my input method malfunctions
  because the environmental variables are wrongly set(which is, fully
  configured using im-config), after hours of debugging I found that
  it's Z-shell(my current default shell)'s bug that prematurely quits
  before the Xsession.d im-config input method configure script
  completes.

  The problem is, /etc/X11/Xsession (and all the Xsession.d scripts it sourced)
**shouldn't** be run in Z-shell.  Patching /etc/kde4/kdm/Xsession # invoke
global X session script. code from
  . /etc/X11/Xsession
  /etc/X11/Xsession

  workarounded the issue (however I have no idea why).  Switching to
  other display managers instead of KDM worked also)

  Reproducible: Always

  Steps to Reproduce:
  Currently there's no simple reproduce method as another software(zsh)'s bug
involved.