I have this issue too.
I was running a dual 1920x1080 desktop display setup, and replaced one with a
4K display. All my other icons rescaled properly, except of Firefox (which is
about 2x the size of the others).
When I right click on the desktop icon, and select resize, the resize box
appears, but I cannot increase or decrease the size (it is stuck at one size).
Ubuntu 17.10 64bit
Kernel 4.16.3
Firefox 59.0.2

  Firefox Desktop icon is now very big, twice what it was

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Hi, after running a normal ubuntu update last week my desktop Firefox icon
has doubled in size. Please see picture attached. This has only effected the
desktop icon, not the left hand bar icons.
  If I right click on my unity desktop (16.04 LTS) and try to resize the icon
its highlighted but cant be changed. The option to "restore original size" is
also grayed out, so I assume that unity thinks the icon size is correct. If I
delete it and drag a new icon from the HUD onto the desktop it to goes to the
large size. If feels as if Firefox themselves have change the resolution of the
icon making it bigger.

  Thanks

  Dave H