@Dave Goldsbrough

Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately i tried this approach
already multiple times and it didn't help. I also thought it probably is
an issue due to battery saving mode so I tried the following command
without any positive result:

sudo sed -i 's/wifi.powersave = 3/wifi.powersave = 2/'
/etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Wifi interface does often not show up after reboot

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  Since i got a new laptop (ThinkPad L580) and installed Kubuntu 16.04.4
  LTS with kernel 4.13.0-38-generic, i sometimes had to reboot so that
  the wifi interface showed up. Once it showed up it worked continuously
  for hours without an issue. When the update came to kernel
  4.13.0-39-generic, it got worse. Now i have to reboot at least 5 times
  until my wifi interface shows up. Once it shows up it works
  continuously like on the previous kernel for the whole session but on
  next reboot the interface is missing again. It seems random whether
  the interface is loaded (or found) when booting. Don't know if this is
  an kernel issue but since it got lot worse right after the latest
  kernel update i assume so. Wired connections are working well without
  any issues.

  Package: xorg 1:7.7+13ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-39.44~16.04.1-generic 4.13.16
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-39-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.16
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Wed Apr 25 19:16:23 2018
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 16.04.4 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20180228)
  SourcePackage: xorg
  Symptom: display