** Changed in: gtk

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  Place an "Add Printer" button on print dialog

Status in GTK+:
  Expired
Status in gtk+3.0 package in Ubuntu:

  When I print a document (by choosing File then Print) I am able to
  select any installed printer  But, sometimes I want to use a printer
  on the network and I have not installed it yet.  I really wish there
  was a button on the print dialog box (from File/Print) that would be
  labeled "Add Printer" that would take me to the printers/add a printer
  dialog box.  That way, I could add the printer I want and have it
  listed in the list of printers without me having to leave the
  application, go to the printers application, add a printer, return to
  the original application and choose File and Print then choose the new
  printer.

  This is like when you save a document and you realize the folder you
  want does not exist, you don't have to exit and go to Nautilus, create
  the folder, then return to the application to save the file in the new
  folder.  You just select the Create a New folder button when you save
  the file.  Same idea with the printer - when you print and the printer
  does not exist click on a button that allows you to add it right then.

  Note, I am not suggesting that network printers be automatically
  installed.  Just add a button on the File/Print dialog box that takes
  you to Printer/Add New Printer box.  No other OS makes it this easy to
  allow you to add a printer at the time when you print a document so
  this would be helpful.  Also helpful for the new person who wants to
  print something to a network printer and when they don't see it in the
  list of installed printers, they wouldn't have to ask "where do I go
  to add a printer" since the button would be right there.

  Thanks