Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Thumbnail previews in Files/Nautilus only show when zoom is 150% or
  more

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
  Nautilus package: 1:3.26.3-0ubuntu4

  I don't get thumbnail previews in Files (Nautilus) at the default zoom
  level when using List view.

  If I select 150% in the hamburger menu the thumbnails are displayed,
  and they are displayed in Grid view at all sizes. They are also
  displayed in the Open File dialog, even though the icon size there is
  smaller than in Files!