I can't reproduce this on Files 3.26.3-0ubuntu4 on Ubuntu 18.04, please
change the status of the bug back to New if you can reproduce it on
Ubuntu 18.04 or 18.10.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Renaming a file causes infinite loop when going up in the folder
  hierarchy when text selected

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  If you select a file to rename and press F2 to rename it, before
  validating the rename if you go back in the folder hierarchy while the
  text is selected to be renamed, nautilus dies (or the current tab in
  which you do the renaming dies). By dying I mean nothing can be
  clicked anymore and you get the busy mouse icon forever.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.4.2-0ubuntu3
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  Date: Thu Aug  2 17:40:56 2012
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/nautilus
  GsettingsChanges:
   org.gnome.nautilus.window-state maximized true
   org.gnome.nautilus.window-state side-pane-view 'tree'
   org.gnome.nautilus.window-state sidebar-width 282
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release amd64 (20111012)
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-04-25 (99 days ago)