Public bug reported:

Availability
============
Built for all supported architectures. In sync with Debian.

Rationale
=========
The Ubuntu Desktop team intends to include tracker by default in Ubuntu 18.10.
tracker recommends tracker-miner-fs which depends on tracker-extract which has
an optional dependency on libgsf for metadata used in "MSOffice, LibreOffice,
EPub".

libgsf was previously in Ubuntu main (I think until the Xenial universe
reorganization) so I'm hoping for fast-track processing. There is no
previous MIR since libgsf was always in main before.

Security
========
One recent "minor" recent security issue, CVE-2016-9888, fixed in 17.04 and
newer.

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/libgsf
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgsf/+cve

Quality assurance
=================
-  Ubuntu Desktop Packages is subscribed

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgsf
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=libgsf
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=product%3A"libgsf";

Tests are run during the build.
No autopkgtests.

Dependencies
============
No binary universe dependencies

Standards compliance
====================
4.1.4, dh compat 11, dh7 style simple rules

Maintenance
===========
Not team maintained.

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/libgsf

upstream:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/libgsf/

Other Info
==========
https://developer.gnome.org/gsf/stable/

** Affects: libgsf (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  Availability
  ============
  Built for all supported architectures. In sync with Debian.

  Rationale
  =========
  The Ubuntu Desktop team intends to include tracker by default in Ubuntu
18.10. tracker recommends tracker-miner-fs which depends on tracker-extract
which has an optional dependency on libgsf for metadata used in "MSOffice,
LibreOffice, EPub".

- libcue was previously in Ubuntu main (I think until the Xenial universe
[...]

+
+ Other Info
+ https://developer.gnome.org/gsf/stable/

Packages, which is subscribed to libgsf in Ubuntu.

  [MIR] libgsf

Status in libgsf package in Ubuntu:

  Availability